All-time favourite Mexican snack with a twist called tortilla veg rolls can be filled with onions, tomato, carrot, zucchini and what not! It makes for a yummy healthy snack that can be relished without any guilt. All the ingredients used while making it makes this recipe acceptable on all occasional treats for everyone in the house. Made with whole wheat flour instead of white flour stuffed with a sautéed veggies and low-fat paneer, the best dish to serve anyone at any time.
Do you know that adding veggies to your daily diet is the easiest way to stay fit and nourished? Since all the veggies are low in calorie count, nutrient dense it helps you stay healthy and fuller from stomach over a long time.
Therefore, we have tremendously used veggies like onion, tomato, carrot, zucchini, cabbage, capsicum, garlic and ginger, host of nutrients like antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre, zeaxanthin, protein and amino acid complementing your overall health.
Next, unrefined whole wheat is loaded with complex carbs, dietary fibre and also a decent amount of protein in it. Also, rich in catalytic components, mineral salt, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, chlorine, sulfuric, silicon, zinc, copper, iodine, Vitamin E and B. Furthermore, wheat bran is considered 100 per cent whole wheat product with nutritional values like copper, selenium, manganese, phytochemicals and dietary fibres. All the listed nutritional values of these two flours make it best to include in your day to day diet.
For The Tortillas
- Whole wheat flour- 1 tablespoon
- Wheat bran- 1 tablespoon
- Oil- 1-2 drops
- Salt to taste
For The Veggie Stuffing
- Sliced onions- 10 grams
- Sliced tomatoes- 10 grams
- Grated carrot- 10 grams
- Grated zucchini- 10 grams
- Shredded cabbage- 10 grams
- Sliced capsicum- 10 grams
- Green chilli paste- 1 chilli
- Ginger- 5 grams
- Garlic- 2-3 pods
- Grated low-fat paneer- 20 grams
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 1 teaspoon
Calories: 170 kcal (2 roll)
85 (1 roll)
Course: Evening Snack
- Combine all the ingredients to make the tortilla, make a dough and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, stir fry all the veggies along with paneer in a pan.
- Divide the dough equally into small pieces and roll each piece into small balls. Roll the dough into a thin layer and place it on a hot skillet. Flip it to the other side when it turns into golden brown. Do the same on the other side as well.
- Once you are done with making tortilla add to stir-fried veggies in between and make rolls of it. And now they are ready to be served with mint chutney.
Over to you
The recipe serving all healthy like grated low-fat paneer giving a nice texture to the stuffing, making it soft and succulent with loads of fibre-rich veggies and no refined flour or cheese. Hope this tortilla veg roll makes your meal time delicious, healthy and energetic.