Participating in a regular workout regime, or any exercise takes a toll over your body. Proteins in your muscles may wind up being partially damaged and broken down. For this reason it is important to eat right food after your workout to help your body to rebound. Try this simple recipe of tofu scramble with veggies which is loaded with plant based protein and vegetables.
Tofu is a protein powerhouse and contains all nine essential amino acids. It contains no cholesterol and is a great source of iron and calcium. It contributes to our overall wellbeing and lowers the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart diseases. Vegetables on the other hand are important source of nutrients including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
- diced tofu=30g
- onion (diced)=20g
- bell pepper (diced)=20g
- spinach (chopped)=30g(3-4leaves)
- avocado (diced)=10g
- olive oil=1/2tsp
- minced garlic=1-2clove
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Coriander to garnish
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil in it.
- Once hot add onion and garlic to it and sauté for a minute.
- Now add bell pepper to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- After this add spinach to the pan and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add tofu , salt, pepper and turmeric to this and stir to combine.
- Cook and stir it until the tofu is coated with seasoning mix.
- Garnish with avocado and coriander leaves.
Over to You:
If you try this easy peasy savory recipe then do let us know. Leave a comment here or tag us on Instagram. We love seeing a good response from you guys. Cheers!