This crispy tofu quinoa stir fry is an extremely easy and healthy option for dinners. This dish has a nice mix of protein and vegetables to give you a feeling of satiety. You can use either white or red quinoa for this dish.
Nutritional benefits: –Quinoa is an excellent source of complete protein and fibre, making it a great option for a filling breakfast and dinners, being gluten-free grain it is the best option for gluten intolerant people. Tofu is an excellent source of iron, calcium and amino acids which makes it a versatile ingredient to be used in healthy dishes and is used as a meat replacer.
- 30g firm tofu drained and sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 20g broccoli cut into florets
- Salt and oregano to taste
- 1.5 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 20 g red bell pepper cut in thin strips
- 15g finely cut spinach leaves
- 10g spring onions sliced very thin
- 50g cooked quinoa
- 15g steamed chickpeas
Calories: 197 Kcal
- Cut the tofu slices into 1/2-inch dice. Meanwhile, add water to a medium pot and let it boil for some time, and then add broccoli. Let it boil for a minute, and transfer it at once to a bowl of ice water. Drain and dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the tomato paste and sesame oil. Combine the garlic and ginger in another small bowl.
- Heat a 12-inch steel skillet over high heat. Swirl in a teaspoon of the oil by adding it to the sides of the pan and tilting the pan. Add the tofu. Reduce the heat to medium, and let the tofu fry for one to two minutes until it begins to brown. Add the garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for some time. Add the cut spinach, steamed chickpeas, red bell pepper and stir-fry for one minute. Add the broccoli, and stir-fry for one minute.
- Now add the green onions, quinoa and salt and oregano to taste. Stir-fry, scooping the ingredients up from the bottom of the wok, for about one minute until heated through and fragrant. Serve at once.
Over to You: – The perfect dish to grab for dinners and snacks that along with giving you a bowl full of nutrients also provides lip-smacking taste. This perfect combination also can be packed away to eat on the go. So enjoy!