A mildly spiced white basmati rice recipe, with added sprouts and fresh veggies garnished with mint leaves, is what our today’s recipe is all about. Sprouts are loaded with the enzyme called “amylase” that promotes digestion. Also, pulses are an excellent source of protein and when combined with rice, become a wholesome meal.
Moong dal (sprouts), a small green legume is a rich source of antioxidants, protein, fibre, and phytonutrients. Moong dal (sprouts) is also high in nutrients like several B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, manganese, folate, copper and zinc. It’s also a very filling dish due to the resistant starch and dietary fibre of the ingredients.
Rice has a high content of carbohydrates, fibre, and protein. Therefore, it’s a healthy option to include in your diet. Vitamins present in rice include thiamin, niacin and pantothenic acid. Moreover, it’s a great food option for people who are allergic to gluten, and it also contains negligible fat. Minerals, on the other hand like calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium and copper adds the power punch to it.
- Matki (moth beans) sprouts- 2 teaspoon
- Boiled moong sprouts- 2 teaspoon
- Cooked white basmati rice- 1 tablespoon
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Small finely chopped onions-1/2
- Finely chopped garlic- 2 cloves
- Finely chopped ginger- ¼ teaspoon
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Chilli powder- ¼ teaspoon
- Finely chopped tomatoes- 2 teaspoon
- Finely chopped capsicum- 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Calories: 117.4 Kcal
Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan on medium flame and add the cumin seeds.
- When the gets seeds get crackled, add onions and capsicum and sauté it for 1 – 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, add ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder, tomatoes, little water and let it cook for next 2 to 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt, matki sprouts, moong sprouts, mix well and leave it to cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Add white basmati rice, mix well and leave it to cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
Rather than eating plain rice, try this sprouts pulao recipe with added veggies in your next meal. Women with PCOS can add this to their menu to derive its nutritional benefits.