Sprouted tikki is an interesting way to make eat sprouts which are healthy and necessary for diabetic people. This is an easy-to-make and yummy snack recipe which is cooked using moong bean sprouts, gram flour or besan, mint leaves, green chili, coriander leaves and a melange of flavour.
Sprouted Moong (Green Gram Whole) – It is a low glycemic index food, that helps to regulate blood sugar. Very good source of dietary fibre and proteinThis food is also low in Saturated Fat and Sodium, and very low in Cholesterol. Bengal Gram flour help in lowering the cholesterol level of the body. Owing to its low glycemic index, it is a great food for diabetics. It also has a higher portion of protein. Flaxseeds are nutrient rich. They are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Rich in dietary fibre and can help in controlling blood sugar. Also contain high quality of protein.
- Sprouted moong (green gram whole)-30gm
- Besan (Bengal gram flour) 1 teaspoon
- Flax seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Bunch of Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves handful
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 teaspoon for greasing & cooking
Calories– 88.5 kcal (per tikki)
Protein– 4.5 gm
Carbs– 10.8 gm
- To start with, take a blender and blend together sprouted moong dal and water. Make a smooth paste.
- Pulse the flax seeds and mix it with the paste.
- Transfer in a bowl and combine mint leaves, gram flour, ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli, turmeric, coriander leaves, mint leaves and yogurt in it. Mix thoroughly to form a thick batter. Roll out flat round balls from this mixture in shape of cutlets/nuggets.
- Take a non-stick pan, keep it on medium flame and heat oil in it. Pan fry these tikkis in the pan until golden brown in colour from both the sides. Take out on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with your favourite chutney
Over to You:
This diabetes day try making out this sprouts tikki which will help you go further with maintained blood sugar levels. Also, share with those who are struggling with diabetes to have a healthy and maintained life.