We all know that there is no cure for PCOD, but a PCOD suggested diet can be a spectacular form of relief. It’s nothing but imbalance of female hormones which needs to be regulated by incorporating a right amount of proteins and fiber along with a dash of herbs to maintain a monthly cycle. Here we share an ideal breakfast which has a mixture of appropriate combination of proteins, carbohydrates and fiber to start off the day with a punch.
Serving size: 1
Energy: 210-230 kcal
- Whole green gram sprouts: ½ katori
- Carrot: ½
- Fenugreek: ¼ cup
- Besan: 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder : A pinch
- Ginger-green chilli paste: ½ tsp
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Salt: To taste
- Combine sprouts, ½ cup water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add carrots, fenugreek, besan, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and oil. Mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add 2 tbsp. water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease with little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread evenly. Cook until it turns golden brown.
- Serve with mint chutney.
Over to you:
A thoughtful mélange of proteins, fiber and right herbs – this dish is not just easy to put together but also a real culinary breakfast for women with PCOD.