The grilled, creamy, and delicious recipe is something that can be a prompt prepare. The spinach in the recipe has growing benefits and aids various diseases.
Spinach contains high nitrates which help in maintaining moderate blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart diseases. It is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K1, iron, and calcium. It is shown that spinach helps in suppressing breast cancer. Abnormal blood clotting can also get prevented by spinach.
Carbohydrates: 160 gm
Fats: 2.3 gm
Proteins: 8.4 gm
Calories: 160 Kcal
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread or 2 whole-wheat pita bread rounds, halved crosswise and split horizontally
- 15 gm fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 thin tomato slices (1 medium tomato)
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil leaves
- Divide half of the spinach leaves among pita pockets. Top spinach with tomato slices and sprinkle pepper.
- Add onion and basil.
- Top with remaining slices of pita pockets, press down firmly
- Grill over medium heat, Close lid and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bread is toasted.
Over to You
Sandwiches and toasts are one kind of recipe which can be played around the most. Spinach Panini is easy recipe and a good way to inculcate in the diet.