Eggetarians, delight! This green omelet is a perfect replacement to your regular boring omelet. Adding veggies to any dish makes it more interesting outside and inside and what better than spinach and broccoli. These two vegetables are popular for their nutritional values and are totally delectable. This omelet is a must try.
Eggs are a great source of protein that helps in building body muscles and are very nutritious. They raise good cholesterol levels in the body and helps in lowering down health risks. Spinach is rich in iron and fibres. Iron helps in creating haemoglobin content in the blood and fibres ease digestive processes in the body. Broccoli is a good source of proteins and fibres and contains sulforaphane which helps in preventing colon cancer. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium and manganese.
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 20 gm broccoli florets
- 20 gm spinach (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Calories: 205 Kcal
Proteins: 14.3 gm
Fats: 14 gm
Carbs: 4 gm
- Take a small pan and heat olive oil on medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine eggs with salt and chilli flakes. Pour the mixture into the pan and let the liquid flow into the space.
- After a minute, scatter over broccoli and spinach.
- Place a lid over pan and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables set.
- Serve it on a plate. Add basil and squeeze some lemon juice on top.
Over to you
Omelet is the easiest and the most convenient way of giving your body nutrition provided through eggs. All you need is to toss it over in the pan and your meal is ready. This omelet is an absolute delight!