Easy to cook and prepare, sooji upma is an extremely healthful and delectable dish to relish over. Moreover, you can go easy while preparing if incorporated in your breakfast meal in order to avoid morning hustle!
Semolina is rich in proteins. It improves cognitive function and stimulates energy. It is also a source of antioxidants and prevents the risk of developing heart diseases, manages diabetes and boosts the body function and enhances the immune system. The nourishing and tasty sooji upma is a must try!
- 30 grams semolina
- 20 grams urad dal
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 green chills split lengthwise
- 1 boiled carrots diced
- 10 grams boiled green peas
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
Calories: 258 Cal
Carbs: 46 gm
Protein: 10.9 gm
Fat: 3.5 gm
- On a medium flame, roast semolina lightly for 2-3 minutes. Transfer in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds and urad dal and let it splutter.
- Add onions, sauté till translucent.
- Add curry leaves, chili, carrots, peas and red chili powder.
- Stir in the toasted semolina and give a thorough mix. Add water and salt.
- Cook on a low heat till the water is absorbed and stir continuously.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot!
Over to you
Make every meal count to build your health. This sooji upma recipe too will do the same when inculcated in your meal plan. Try, share and let us know your feed back down below in the comment section!