Saffron piyush is an extremely creamy and luscious Indian beverage. Quite famous in Maharashtra and Gujarat- a thick yogurt dessert prepared by mixing buttermilk and blended into aromatic spices. This drink imbibes a unique taste flooding your mouth with a mouthful of flavours.
Yogurt provides an abundance of protein and calcium which enhances gut health. Other health benefits of yogurt range from prevention and protection against osteoporosis and aids in digestion. Saffron, on the other hand, is rich in antioxidants which help protect the cells damage against free radicals. Moreover, it’s been associated with the numerous potential health benefits like improved heart health, reduced blood sugar levels, enhanced eyesight, and memory.
- 50 grams yogurt/ curd
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 3-4 Saffron (kesar) strands
- 100 millilitres buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- Mixed nuts as per your preference
Calorie: 125 KCal
Carb: 9.1 grams
Protein: 4.5 grams
Fat: 7.9 grams
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for about twenty-five minutes.
- Mix yogurt with coconut sugar, dissolved the sugar completely to it. Add green cardamom powder and saffron in yogurt.
- Next, add buttermilk to it and mix well.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- At last, garnish the drink with mixed nuts and serve it chilled.
Over to you
Stay on a healthy track by indulging in the goodness of saffron piyush. Adding this drink to your summer diet is going to be utterly nourishing to your health and taste buds!