Blood donation saves millions of lives. So, grab this golden opportunity this World Blood Donation Day, step forward to help someone in need. It’s true that blood donation doesn’t weaken the body but your body needs to be recovered to have the optimal levels of hemoglobin, iron, and glucose that is essential for your body to perform at its best. So, go through this recipe and try it soon.
Nutritional benefits– Beetroot is of exceptional nutritional value, which is rich in iron, calcium, and vitamins C and A. An excellent source of folic acid and fibre, beetroot also helps in the production of red blood cells. Watermelon contains a lot of vitamins such as A, B6, C whereas pomegranate rich in vitamins C, K and dietary fibres. Both of them help to boost immunity and increase haemoglobin levels in the body.
- 1 cup of watermelon
- 1/2 cup of Pomegranate
- ½ beetroot
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3-4 leaves of basil
- Sprinkle Pumpkin seeds on the top
Calories– 115-122 kcals
- In a large bowl peel and cut the watermelon and beets into cubes
- Scatter a layer of pomegranate seeds.
- Pour some lemon juice over it and mix it well.
- Before serving add salt, pepper and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on the top. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy
Over to you
This excellent salad recipe, loaded with the goodness of watermelon, pomegranate, beetroot, basil and pumpkin seeds is all the way going to help you with compensating for the amount of blood you lost during the blood donation. We suggest that you try out this recipe. Do let us know about your experience in the comment section below.