With the rising heat and work load, all we need is a burst of freshness to lighten up and feel refreshed. These quinoa lettuce salad boats are everything that we would want in a rejuvenating meal. Working all day and night to make ends meet can be very tiring, especially in today’s fast-paced world. A healthy, fulfilling meal is all it takes to boost your energy levels and add colors to a very dull day.
This recipe is rich in protein, dietary fiber, carbohydrates, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins B1, 2&6. With the addition of various vegetables, comes additional health benefits too. Addition of vitamin A and C, antioxidants and good cholesterol make this dish perfect to be consumed at any time of the day.
- Calories: 80-82 kcal
- Serving: 1
- 20g cooked quinoa, completely chilled*
- 20g of diced cucumber
- 20g chopped tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 5g crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, add the quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, onions, mint, cumin, garlic salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Fold in the crumbled feta. Add salt and pepper for seasoning as per your taste.
- Chill the salad for at least 20-30 minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, spoon the salad into baby lettuce leaves and serve immediately.
Over to you:
The crispiness of lettuce and the zesty flavor of salad is a perfect combination of lightness and freshness a healthy meal could provide.