Quinoa and black beans are a great combo to make a powerful food. A protein and fiber-packed food are all you need if you are planning to attain a healthy gut
- Quinoa: Quinoa has the highest fiber content than any other grains. It has all essential amino acids which makes it a complete protein source. Quinoa is high in anti-oxidants which fight from various diseases.
- Black beans: Black bean has protein, fiber, and magnesium. It lowers bad cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart diseases. It aids in constipation and bloated stomach. The magnesium in black beans is the key to improve bone health.
- 20 grams quinoa
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Calories: 105 Kcal
Carbs: 14.9 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Fat: 2.2 grams
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, cook, stir garlic and onion until it is slightly brown.
- Add quinoa and vegetable broth in the onion mixture, season with cayenne, cumin, pepper, and salt. Mix the mixture and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook it until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed.
- Stir corn into a saucepan and continue to simmer about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the black beans and cilantro.
Over to you:
This protein-rich meal is perfect fit to curb your hunger and give you a dash of good carbs and healthy proteins.