Pumpkin and chawli errissery is a delicious vegetable made with spices and has numerous health-enhancing properties. It gives authentic south Indian flavors and is a perfect companion for rice or chapattis.
Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, vitamin A Fiber and potassium. It has various antioxidants which reduce the risk of chronic diseases. It is also good for heart health. It also helps in boosting immunity and also good for eyesight.
Calorie: 96 Kcal
Carbohydrate: 14.6 gm
Protein: 5.8 gm
Fats: 2.4 gm
- Fifty grams red pumpkin cubes
- 20 gms soaked and cooked chawli (cow pea / lobhia)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 whole dry red chilies , broken into pieces
- 20 gm roughly chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 5 curry leaves (kadipatta)
- Blend cumin seeds, garlic, onion, and red chilies in the mixer without water till it is smooth.
- Put Pumpkin, Chawli, and salt on a medium flame in a non-stick pan and mix well. Cover it with lid and let it cook for 8 to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the blended mixture and turmeric to it and cook for another 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan, and add mustard seed and curry leaves and sauté on medium flame.
- Pour it on prepared chawli,and pumpkin and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
This low salt recipe and can be consumed by people with high blood pressure. Pumpkin chawli errissery is rich in flavors, high in nutrients and low in calories.