The mantra of living a healthy life is keeping yourself fit from within. It’s not that difficult if you think. While exposing yourself to yoga, compliment this practice with an iron-rich spinach roll.
Your childhood is probably from the time of Popeye eating spinach and building muscles but it’s more than that. Spinach comes with numerous promising health benefits like aiding weight loss due to low calories and fat content. The antioxidants present in spinach like lutein and zeaxanthin present in promotes eye health, lowers hypertension and risk of kidney disease, vitamin K maintains bone health, vitamin A boosts immunity, beneficial for inflammatory disease, promotes gastrointestinal health, prevents anaemia as it’s a rich source of iron and also have some benefits for skin. Apart from that, eggs being a good source of inexpensive yet high-quality protein along with vitamin B2 and low content of cholesterol and fat than the yolk.
- Spinach leaves- 3-4
- Onion- 1 medium
- Carrot- ½
- Chopped parsley- 1 tablespoon
- Garlic clove- 2-3 small
- Curry powder- ½ tablespoon
- Chili flakes- ½ teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper- ½ teaspoon
- Cooking spray (Olive oil)
- Preheat oven at 400° F (200° C).
- Defrost the spinach and squeeze the water out of it.
- Mix spinach, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet, spray the cooking oil. Put the spinach mixture on the sheet and press it.
- Bake for next15 minutes and set it aside to cool.
- Chop onion and parsley finely and grate the carrots.
- Fry onions in a skillet with cooking spar for about a minute, add carrots and parsley to it and let it simmer for another 2 min. Add curry powder, chili flakes, pepper and salt and mix briefly.
- Off the gas stove and add an egg to it. Mix everything well and spread the filling over spinach mat.
- Roll up the spinach mat. Bake it for 25 minutes.
- Take the roll out and let it cool down for 5-10 min before you cut then into slices and serve.
Over to you
The best part about this recipe is it’s high in protein and tastes amazing. You can use spinach easily to make rolls out of it. These spinach rolls are perfect for eggetarians following a low carb diet. It’s a great recipe if you are looking for something that is simple, tasty and healthy meal!