Oranges and carrots are like a true match made in heaven to protect your vision and improve the eyesight. We bring you a combination of these two health boosters in an utterly delicious recipe.
A study has claimed that people who regularly eat oranges are less likely to develop macular degeneration which is one of the leading causes of vision loss. Oranges also have good doses of Vitamin C that boosts immunity and fights off infections. The juicy and crunchy carrots are good sources of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. The beta-carotene in carrots is a pre cursor of vitamin A. Deficiencies in vitamin A are the leading causes of blindness in most parts of the world.
- 100 grams baby carrots
- ¼ cup (30 ml) fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ tsp jaggery powder
- ½ tsp ghee (clarified butter) or homemade white butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Course: Snack Time
Calories: 73 Kcal
Proteins: 1.2 gm
Carbs: 11.6 gm
Fats: 2 gm
- Place carrots in a shallow saucepan, and cover with water.
- Boil the carrots until they become tender.
- Drain, and put carrots back to the pan.
- Now, pour orange juice over carrots, and mix well. Add grated ginger.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in jaggery powder, white butter, and salt.
- Heat until butter and sugar melt.
- Serve Hot
Over to You
You can also cook carrots in orange juice instead of water to give more orangey flavour as per your liking. Try out this delicious recipe and give the much needed boost to your valuable eyes.