Every time we feel an urge to eat, we want something that not only fills our stomach but also that gives us nutrition. Food that is rich in nutrition helps you thrive mentally and physically.Your diet is a bank account; Good food choices are the healthy futuristic investment. This recipe is best to include in your winter food guide.
The dish is substantial enough to be the main course of a lunch and will help you have a rich bowl packed with nutrition. Barley is considered good for heart, bones and also helps in maintaining a healthy weight. As it containsmanganese, dietary fiber and a good amount of the copper, vitamin B1, chromium. Talking about Mushroom it is Low in calories and fat and cholesterol-free. This recipe is a great way to help you continue with your healthy eating habit.
Compared to traditional risotto, the healthy swaps are mentioned below:
||Healthy swap in Mushroom Barley Risotto
||Excellent source of fiber folate and vitamin B6
||Good source of vitamin C rich source of potassium
- 1 teaspoon – extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 grams of onions; chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 40 grams of mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 20 grams pearled barley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth (mixed with 2 cups of hot water)
- Chives (to garnish)
Calories– 140.4 Kcal
Proteins– 3.7 grams
Fat– 5.8 grams
Carbohydrates– 16.8 grams
- sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil, in a separate pan, add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a nonstick pan on a medium-low heat then add in the chopped onions. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until soft.
- Next, add the garlic and sauté for a minute, then add lemon juice and the pearl barley. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable broth and stir it so that it will be absorbed.
- Now add the mushrooms and cook for few minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and Season it with salt and pepper.
- Garnish it with chives
Over to you
Nutritious foods improve health and promote healthy living. Thus trying this recipe at your home will give your plate a unique flavor and taste. Furthermore, this dish will help you have a good amount of vitamins and proteins one should acquire in the winter food guide.