Mid-time hunger needs the most of attention. This is the time when you crave for food the most and instead of grabbing packaged unhealthy food, try this healthy snack. These moong and oats tikkis are filling and nutritious. They will make you feel full for longer and will serve as the best snack for your hunger cravings.
Yellow moong dal enlists as light food and is easy to digest. It contains fibres and carbs and is amazingly nutritious. Oats are a good source of fibre and proteins and also contains vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium and zinc. They are gluten-free and easy to digest. Curd is a great source of calcium and provides good amount of vitamin A which helps in enhancing cell growth and activity of white blood cells.
- 40 gm yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 10 gm rolled oats
- 10 gm fresh thick curd
- 20 gm onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp green chilies (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
Calories: 110 Kcal
Fats: 3.9 gm
Proteins: 4.3 gm
Carbs: 14.4 gm
- Wash the dal properly and boil in a deep pan with some water. Cook until the water gets evaporated.
- Drain and blend the dal in a blender to a coarse paste.
- In a bowl, take oats and add dal to it. Add curd, onion, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, black pepper, coriander and some salt. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal parts shaping them into small round tikkis of 63mm size.
- Lightly grease a non-stick tawa with olive oil and place these tikkis. Cook from both sides until they turn golden-brown.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
You can have two tikkis at a time and they will keep you fuller for longer period of time. Keep in mind to use oil as less as possible. Serve the tikkis with curd or mint-coriander chutney and your snack is sorted.