This night drink comprises milk, lots of spices and adaptogens and can be taken before going to bed to help you sleep better. If you are facing trouble in falling asleep then adding this to your night routine can be very beneficial for you. For people who tend to skip dinner and don’t want to eat anything heavy, can have this healthy drink before bed. It relaxes you and aids in falling asleep easily and is not too heavy either.
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ashwagandha
- 2 pinches of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Grounded black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Calories: 60-65 kcal
Health benefits: A healthy drink consisting of nutmeg (sleeping aid), spices (anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, anticancer), ashwagandha that helps to de-stress, lower the blood sugar and boost the immune system plus the milk that naturally contains melatonin and tryptophan which helps you fall asleep.
- Pour milk in a small saucepan and bring the milk to simmer over medium-low heat.
- Mix in cinnamon, turmeric, ashwagandha, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom and season with pepper.
- Whisk vigorously to avoid any clumps.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on a medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Stir in honey.
- Pour it into a mug and enjoy.
Over to you: Adding this drink to your night routine is a common remedy for sleeplessness and also helps fight inflammation. So don’t stay sleep deprived and try this drink that will lead you to dreamland!