Methi Pitla is a Maharashtrian delicacy prepared with fresh fenugreek leaves and is basically a subzi. Freshly chopped fenugreek leaves are cooked with a mixture of besan with water. It is a perfect company for your chapatis that tastes absolutely delicious.
Fenugreek leaves are a great source of fibers, proteins, vitamins and minerals like folic acid, phosphorus, calcium, iron, vitamin A, B6 and C. It helps in reducing cholesterol and also helps in reducing blemishes from the skin. Besan is also rich in fibers and contains nutrients like calcium, copper, potassium, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K.
- 30 grams fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves, chopped
- 20 grams besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon green chilli, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Calories: 120 Kcal
Fats: 3.7 gm
Proteins: 6 gm
Carbohydrates: 15.2 gm
- Combine the besan with water in a deep bowl and whisk well to make a runny consistency till no lumps remain.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic paste and onions. Sauté them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add fenugreek leaves, green chilies, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Sauté again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prepared besan- water mixture, red chili powder and salt and continuously stir. Cook on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
Savour this nutritious Maharashtrian delicacy which can be prepared at a moment’s notice and is enriched with amazing nutrients. So, prepare this delicious recipe and enjoy your meal time with some chapattis.