Vitamins are essential for your body for various crucial functions and your body is dependent on external dietary sources to get a dose of daily vitamins. Your vitamins should be a blend of Vitamin A, D, B- Complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. Today, we bring you a healthy recipe that is rich in Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C along with the goodness of calcium and dietary fibres.
Broken wheat is also known as dalia or bulgar wheat. It is a type of nutritious whole grain providing good amount of fibre, protein, iron and Vitamin B6, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B1 & 2. Bulgar wheat helps in lowering cholesterol levels, providing energy through its good carbs content and aid in digestive health and proper bowel movements due to fibre content. Sesame seeds are packed with minerals like copper, magnesium, and most importantly calcium. They are tiny but aid in improving bone and joint health and also providing with traces of protein for optimum muscle growth.
- 30 grams broken wheat
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp roasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 20 grams chopped onion
- 20 grams finely chopped tomato
- Few coriander leaves- finely chopped
- Salt and pepper as per taste
Calories- 98 kcal
Protein – 3 gm
Fat – 3 gm
Carbs- 14 gm
- Firstly cook broken wheat by adding them in water and heating over medium flame till they become soft and tender.
- Now drain the wheat and pour cold water over them to bring down the temperature.
- Now in a bowl combine cooked broken wheat with rest of the ingredients.
- If you are having this meal in summers, you can also refrigerate your tabbouleh for thirty minutes to one hour before serving.
Over to you
Tabbouleh is a famous Mediterranean salad dish and you can put more veggies like parsley, cucumbers, mint leaves or green onions to make your own tabbouleh bowl. Loaded with essential vitamins, it is surely one of the best ways to eat your vitamins.