The healthy and classic combination of garlic with lentil ensures that the nutritional benefits are synergized to the maximum. This soup is packed with ingredients that complement each other in a palatable yet healthy manner so that you relish your body while healing it too. This soup is flavourful and easy to make. Let’s get started
Red lentils are low in calories and rich in protein. They are also good dietary source of iron and folate that keeps haemoglobin levels in check. Lentils are also packed with polyphenols that may reduce heart disease risk to a great extent. Garlics are also heart friendly superfoods that help in lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) from your body.
- 30 grams red lentils- rinsed and drained
- 20 gm onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ bay leaf
- Pinch oregano
- ½ cup water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Celery leaves, to garnish
Calories– 110 Kcal
Carbs- 20 gm
Protein- 8 gm
Fat- 2 gm
- Heat olive oil in a thick bottomed sauce pan, and add bay leaf, onion and garlic to it.
- Now put all lentils, water, salt, and pepper in the pan
- Bring to a boil over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with celery leaves, and season with oregano.
- Serve hot
Pro tip- You can also blend the soup after simmering, for a smoother consistency.
Over to you
Have you tried out this recipe? If yes, then we’d love to hear from you! Share your thoughts and valuable suggestions by leaving us a comment