Winter blues is difficult to handle. We tend to stay indoors all day long, days grow shorter and less sunny days can tend to generate a feeling of lethargy, malaise and even depression. To deal these winter blues pack your diet with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and fish or you can also beat the winter blues with this simple and delicious lentil, beet and pomegranate salad. Let’s have a look on how it is prepared.
Lentils are a great source of protein, iron, and contain some essential fatty acids, soluble and insoluble fiber, micronutrients and phytonutrients. To better absorb the iron in lentils, we’ve added beetroot and pomegranate to this recipe. Beetroot contains calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, folic acid, and vitamin C. Pomegranates are rich in potassium, vitamin C, polyphenols, and vitamin B6 which helps to prevent cancer and keeps blood vessels flexible and strong.
- 15 grams cooked lentil
- 20 grams – cooked beetroot (peeled and diced)
- 30 grams pomegranate seeds
- 10 grams tablespoon onion (diced)
- ½ teaspoon green chili (finely diced)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled paneer (to garnish) (optional)
Calories – 110.1 Kcal
Proteins – 4.2 grams
Fat – 2.8 grams
Carbohydrates – 15.1 grams
- Place lentils, beets, onion, pomegranate seeds, and chili in a medium bowl and give it a toss.
- Now add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and rest of the spices in the bowl and give it a mix.
- Allow this to sit for around 10 minutes until the salt is soaked by the lentils.
- Now garnish this lentil salad with fresh coriander leaves and crumbled paneer and enjoy.
Over to You:
Adding this recipe in your diet during winter season can benefit your skin apart from other benefits it gives. Packed with all the nutrients, this delicious winter salad makes a colorful addition to your winter table.