With an upcoming “springing” weather”, cheers to the aroma of lavender. Lavender is basically a flowering herb that holds a unique place used in aromatherapy to relax the body and mind. It has also found its way into culinary creations like cakes, breads and ice cream for its beauty, fresh flavor and calming attributes. This steamy milk beverage that will leave you relaxed after a long day.
Nutritional Benefits – The scent and flavor of lavender is wonderful, but the bonus point comes from its wide range of health benefits, including its ability to relieve stress, improve mood swings, promoting restful sleep. Along with this it works great to lower down skin irritation, prevent infections, and soothing stomach bloating.
- 1 cup – Low-fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried lavender
- ½ Teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Calories – 61 kcal
Carbohydrates – 8.7 grams
Proteins – 3.8 grams
Fat – 1.3 grams
- In a saucepan, start with heating milk and lavender over a medium heat until hot. Make sure it should not be boiling.
- Stir occasionally and keep it warm for 15 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and strain out and discard the leftover lavender.
- Whisk them in the honey and almond extract.
- Lastly, froth milk with the help of a frother pump or stir it vigorously with a whisk.
- Serve hot in mugs.
Bring on the spring with Sweet dreams! Try out this steamy beverage to have a relaxed weekend. If you have any other food or drink rituals that help you go to sleep, do let us know?