Eggs are generally boring to eat yet wholly nutritious to include in your diet. And if you are a person searching for some differently cooked eggs with a dash of spices then this recipe is best to try this weekend. Not only this, this recipe called Mutta Aviyal- the egg recipe is also beneficial for breastfeeding mothers due to the use of ingredients that help promote lactation. So, save this recipe in your bookmarks and try it soon and enjoy its multiple benefits with your family.
Eggs are the superfood and the main ingredient of this delicious recipe. Loaded with nutrients that are rare in modern diet such as Vitamin A, B2, B5, B12, folate, phosphorus, selenium, protein including a decent amount of zinc, calcium, Vitamin D, E and K. Eating eggs helps to elevate the levels of good cholesterol, linked to a lower risk of several diseases.
The reason, why potatoes are spread globally, is that they are proven to be a storehouse of energy and various nutrients that includes a bunch of vitamins, minerals and vital organic compounds like vitamin C, A, B, potassium, calcium, iron and phosphorus.
Along with other healthful ingredients used in this recipe, ginger and garlic, the most essential ingredients called galactagogues- that helps to promote the natural flow of bread milk. Especially, the root of ginger stimulates the body in several ways, including the release of milk. Taking garlic is just not beneficial for milk but can also reduce the risk of mastitis.
- Boiled eggs – 2
- Potato – 1 small; chopped
- Onion – ½ medium; sliced
- Drumstick – 1-2 stalks
- Green chillies – 1
- Tomato – 1 small
- Grated coconut –1 teaspoon
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chilly powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – According to taste
Calories: 195- 200 kcal
- Grind the grated coconut along with onions in a mixer and keep it aside.
- Add potato, onion, drumsticks, green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, curry leaves and salt in a heavy bottomed pan with one cup water on medium heat.
- Open the lid after 10-15 minutes and add tomatoes to it. When they are cooked and the water is all evaporated, bring down the flame. Add the ground coconut mixture to it. Cook again for few minutes.
- Uncover the lid and mix it well. Add boiled egg and curry leaves. Let it cook for a few minutes. Serve hot.
Over to you
This week we are celebrating breastfeeding week. You too join the league and know what’s healthy for the breastfeeding mothers.