Eggplant, are so good on its own, that they can be used in culinary dishes. These are extremely beneficial for the senior citizen helping them to eat in a much interesting from. This dish can be baked, roasted, grilled or sautéed and enjoyed with a drizzle of olive oil and a quick dash of seasoning. They can enjoyed either hot or at room temperature, considering them it be one of the simple, but ultimately satisfying dishes that goes with almost anything and is so good eaten on its own.
Nutritional benefits – Eggplant is a high-fiber, low-calorie food which is nutrient rich in nutrients and comes with highly potential health benefits. They are incredibly versatile, delicious and fit along with lot many dishes. Since the eggplants are rich in fiber and polyphenols, both of which may help reduce blood sugar levels, along with this help in reducing the risk of heart disease, promoting weight loss in the long run.
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
- 10 grams of chopped fresh basil
- 20 grams of chopped fresh parsley
- 30 gms eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- Table Salt – according to taste
- Black pepper – grounded; according to taste
- Oil – ½ teaspoon for cooking spray
Calories – 44 KCAL
Carbohydrates – 3.9 GRAMS
Proteins – 1.6 GRAMS
Fat – 2.6 GRAMS
- Start with preheating the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Also, make sure to coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the following ingredients such as minced garlic, oregano, basil, and parsley. Mix them well, and set aside.
- Take the eggplant slices and generously season these eggplant slices with salt and pepper on both sides. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake these slices for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until they turn tender and slightly browned.
- Also, sprinkle the herb mixture on eggplant slices, and place them under the broiler for 30 seconds- 40 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving plate, and enjoy the herbed egg-plant slices.
Delight your evenings with these baked eggplant slices along with your cup of tea or mocha rather than munching upon those fried and junk snacks.