Herbilicious bottle gourd is a nutritious meal. It has water content and fiber which is good for your gut health and it also has several other beneficial ingredients like garlic, cumin seeds, and coriander.
- Bottle gourd: Bottle gourd is rich in vitamin, potassium, iron, and vitamins. It has high water content. It is beneficial for those who want to lose weight. It is also beneficial for digestion and sleeping problems.
- Garlic: Garlic helps in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol. It has antioxidants which help in reducing the risk of brain problem like Alzheimer. It is a low-calorie ingredient and has several benefits which prevent various sickness.
Energy – 44.4kcal
Protein – 1.9g
Carbs – 6.1g
Fats – 0.7g
- 40g Bottle Gourd (Lauki) -medium size peeled and diced
- 20g tomato diced
- 20g onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic buds finely chopped
- 5g cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 Green Chili finely chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pressure cooker. Add cumin and let it crackle. Add green chilies, asafetida, garlic, and ginger and sauté for a minute
- Sauté onion till it is translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for two minutes. Add coriander powder and dry mango powder.
- Add the bottle gourd and mix well
- Add half cup water in the cooker and cook for 3-4 whistles. Turn off the gas and open after a while.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Over to you
If you are on a journey to manage your weight, then this amazingly healthy bottle gourd recipe is a must try!