Spinach raita is a perfect recipe to go along with the main dish you are having while lunch. It is light, healthy and gives you numerous benefits!
- Spinach: Spinach contains high nitrates which help in maintaining moderate blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart diseases. It’s rich in vitamin A, C, K1, iron, and calcium. It is shown that spinach helps in suppressing breast cancer.
- Mint: Mint is soothing, refreshing and it has calming properties. It helps in aiding stomach or indigestion. It helps in weight loss and makes you feel fresh and energetic entire day.
- Plain curd = 30 g
- Chopped spinach = 20 g
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red chili
- 1 pinch garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon fennel powder
- Mint leaves = 5 g
- Iodized salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
Energy – 24.6 kcal
Protein –1.5 grams
Carbohydrate – 1.4 grams
Fat – 1.33 grams
- Whisk the curd and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add carom seeds and fry.
- Add spinach and then add all the spices one by one along salt.
- Sauté till spinach stops releasing water. Add mint and sauté for other 2 minutes.
- Add mixture to curd and sprinkle some pepper. Stir well.
- Refrigerate raita for a couple of hours before serving.
Over to you
Together, spinach and curd make an excellent food choice that will provide you with ample health benefits while cooling your body from the inside.