There’s always a better way to savour the tastes of delicious tropical fruits. This recipe is a complete power pack of nutrients loading you with fruits in a better way. If you are fed up of eating fruits in the same conventional way, try out this recipe featuring tropical fruits marinated in coconut milk and sprinkled with shredded coconut. The lime peel gives it the perfect touch of sourness.
Kiwis contain plenty of fibres making them good for digestion. It is also rich in vitamin C which helps in boosting immune system. Pineapples are a good source of antioxidants, mainly flavonoids which helps in reducing risks of heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Papaya is rich in vitamin A and C and also contains good amount of fibres. It is also rich in carotenoids that can reduce inflammation. Coconut is rich in fibres and coconut milk is obtained from mature fresh brown coconuts and is highly nutritious.
- 50 gm kiwifruit (peeled & quartered)
- 30 gm pineapple (peeled & cut into pieces)
- 30 gm ripe papaya (peeled & cut into pieces)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Some fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp lime peel (grated)
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
Course: Snack Time
Calories: 91 Kcal
Fats: 3.3 gm
Proteins: 1.3 gm
Carbs: 13.8 gm
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, cayenne pepper and lime peel. Add kiwi fruits, pineapple and papaya pieces. Toss to coat.
- Cover the mixture and keep it in fridge for 1 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the fruit, leaving behind the coconut milk mixture. Place fruit pieces alternately on skewers. Sprinkle with some mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
This healthy recipe made with tropical fruits is highly nutritious. Its just another and better way to include fruits in your diet making it more comprehensible and delightful. Fruits are a great source of fibres aiding digestion and keeping your stomach healthy.