This relishing chocolate cake made in a mug which is why it is called as a mug cake and it’s absolutely easy to make because you don’t need a bunch of tools to make this simple recipe. This is an ideal solution to your cravings when you feel like having a solo sweet treat and it will soon become one of your favourite desserts.
Cocoa in chocolates has numerous nutritional benefits like it has antioxidants and helps lower cholesterol levels. Chocolate prevents cognitive decline and reduces the risk of cardiovascular problems. Also, milk in the cake is the best source of calcium and protein. It strengthens bones and maintains healthy blood pressure.
- 30 grams of wheat flour
- 20 grams of coconut sugar
- 60 ml of milk
- 15 grams of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate hazelnut spread (unsweetened)- optional
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Calories: 225 Cal
Carbs: 36.4 gm
Proteins: 5.8 gm
Fats: 6.1 gm
- In a medium-sized mug or larger, mix all ingredients (except the chocolate hazelnut spread) until just combined.
- Once combined, put the chocolate hazelnut spread on top of the batter.
- Microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Let it cool for one minute before eating. Top with additional chocolate hazelnut spread
*Note: The cake can turn out to be dry if overcooked or left in the microwave for a longer time.
Over to you
Dwell into this enchanting brownie-like chocolate mug cake. We have used wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour to go for a healthier option. One of the easiest dessert recipes you can ever try making it even more fun by trying different flavours. You can also garnish it with a dark chocolate chip to make it more interesting for kids.