This soft melt in mouth, spiced and seasoned gram flour rolls is perfect snack to have along with endless cups of tea throughout the weekend. It is made with gram flour and yogurt, making it high in proteins and low in carbs. Hence, you can finally snack on something delicious without worrying about the consequences.
Gram flour has a permanent space in our kitchens and because it is so nutritionally dense, it promotes weight loss as it has lower level of fat, as compared to its non-vegetarian counter parts. This protein and fiber rich flour may help in control cravings as it take longer to digest, helping you feel fuller for longer and on fewer calories.
Buttermilk contains Lactic-acid Bacteria which helps in improving the immunity of the body. It is low in fat, high in carbohydrate and also rich in minerals, vitamins and probiotics. It not only supplies truckload of health benefits but also help us lose weight right away.
- 20 grams of gram flour
- 10-15 ml of sour buttermilk or chaas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated coconut
- ½ teaspoon chopped coriander seeds
Calories: 101.5 kcal
Proteins: 3.5 grams
Fat: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 12.08 grams
- Add buttermilk, gram flour and salt into a medium sized bowl.
- Mix well to form a smooth flowing batter.
- Heat the kadhai in a medium flame, and pour the mixture in it.
- To avoid formation of lumps stir continuously, until the mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile grease the plates with oil. Spread the paste onto the plates using a spatula.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes
- Roll the khandvi tightly, avoiding any cracks to be formed.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Pour it over khandvi and garnish it with coconut-coriander mixture.
Over to you:
Like any other recipe khandvi can be easily cooked at home from scratch. This can be made and enjoyed any time of the year, for breakfast, snack or even lunch. Give it a go and enjoy!