How about getting loads of vitamin D along with flavors reminiscent in classic Greek omelet? Well, it not just sounds good but also tastes amazing while giving you significant amount of vitamin D. This easy to make Greek omelet is just the right way to make essential nutrients fall in one place.
Eggs are the best source of inexpensive and are also high in protein. Especially egg yolk is rich vitamin D. Other than that, eggs are high in vitamin B2, selenium, vitamin B6, B12 and minerals like zinc, copper and iron.
All the edible mushrooms have certain degrees of protein and fiber including B vitamins, powerful antioxidants such as selenium which helps in supporting your immune system and aids in preventing damage to your cells and tissues.
Spinach too contains numerous vitamins and minerals, like magnesium, potassium and vitamins such as B6, B9 and E. Apart from that, spinach is an extremely nutrient-rich green leafy vegetable containing carotenoids, folic acid, iron, calcium vitamin C and K.
- Spinach- 10g
- Large eggs full – 1
- Crumbled feta cheese -3g
- Scallions, thinly sliced – 10g
- Blanched spinach – 10g
- Coriander leaves – 15g
- Spring onions- 10g
- Mushrooms- 10g
- Extra-virgin olive oil- 1 Tspn
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Calories: 138 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
Fat: 10.3 g
- Squeeze out the excess water from spinach and blend in egg in a medium bowl.
- Add feta, pepper, scallions and spinach to it and mix everything gently with the help of rubber spatula.
- Set a rack of 4 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler.
- Dazzle the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and pour the egg mixture and spread the mixture evenly over it. Reduce the heat and let it cook until the bottom turns into light golden. (You can check by lifting the edges).
- Now, place the pan under broiler and cook it for1½ to 2½ minutes.
- Put the omelet in platter and cut into wedges for serving.
Over to You:
When going low with your vitamin D levels, try this recipe out and buck up yourself again. Or else, you can also have this recipe in your breakfast to give a good start to you day.