This egg mushroom salad recipe with flavourful dressing makes it an all-time favourite PCOS recipe. It’s also simple to prepare and in fact, can be prepared within 30 minutes. It is a great recipe to accompany your breakfast or mid-day meals to replenish yourself with healthy nutrients. Also, if you are someone who loves to experiment with recipes, then you can enjoy this salad with whole grain or multi-grain bread as a sandwich.
Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods, enriched with immense benefits that helps your body in several ways. It contains a little of almost every nutrient your body needs. Eggs have decent amounts of vitamin D, E, K, B6, zinc, and calcium. Antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin are
also significantly found in eggs which are important for eye health and for preventing macular degeneration and cataracts. All edible mushrooms are low in calories and have varying content of protein and fiber. They also possess B vitamins and a powerful antioxidant called selenium which is known to support your immunity and prevent cells and tissues from damage while preventing the occurrence of breast cancer, high cholesterol levels, diabetes and prostate cancer.
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 20g white mushrooms, diced
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Course: Breakfast or Mid-day meal
Calories: 152 Kcal
Fat: 11.81 g
Protein: 7.63 g
- Heat a skillet on medium-high flame. Add 2-3 tbsp olive oil and then mushrooms after few seconds. Sauté the mushrooms for around 12-15 min, until they become golden brown and there is no liquid left. Put the mushrooms in a mixing bowl.
- By the time the mushrooms cook, heat another non-stick pan on medium flame. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté diced onions until turn in golden. Then sauté garlic for next 1-2 min until fragrant. Add onions in a mixing bowl, diced eggs and the chopped dill.
- Lastly, for the dressing, stir 1 tbsp Dijon, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp olive oil if you need it. Stir the prepared dressing in your salad until evenly coated. Now, season the salad with light salt and pepper as per the taste.
- Either serve salad at room temperature or chilled.
Over to you
A simple yet nutritious recipe that you can try especially if you are struggling with PCOS. The olive oil dressing will help your inflammation reduce to a large extent while other ingredients like eggs and mushrooms too will aid your condition positively. So, try it out soon!