Your microbiome is another essential organ in your body, which you need to take care of. It helps you digest foods, create nutrients (such as vitamin K), combat pathogens (which can cause illness and infections) and play a crucial role in strengthening your immune system. This rice pilaf is fresh, colourful, flavourful and easy to make which will give your gut bacteria a boost, make them work efficiently and keep your gut healthy.
Nutritional benefits: Beans are high in fibre, protein, iron, B vitamins, folate, and potassium. Having fibres helps to improve digestion; also eating beans on a regular basis may lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and aids to weight management. Garlic is a great prebiotic food which feeds the existing flora in the gut and keeps it healthy. One of the main ingredient ‘yogurt’ which plays a very important role in our gut health. It has a high amount of essential probiotics which improves gut health.
Onions- 30 gms
Tomatoes- 25 gms
Cooked rice- 30 gms
Dills- 2-3 stalks
Peas- 15 gms
Broad beans- 10 gms
Yoghurt- 50 gms
Jeera- ½ tsp.
Garlic clove- ½ crushed
Calories- 175 kcal
- Boil rice and peas and keep it aside.
- Cut onions into thin slices and fry them in the oil until golden.
- Add the rice and dill stalks, stir around the pan.
- Cut tomatoes and broad beans, saute it with peas in the pan. Mix them well with the rice.
- Stir the yoghurt, jeera and crushed garlic together. Spoon yoghurt on top of the rice, then sprinkle with remaining dill.
Over to you
If your gut will not be healthy it can lead to an impact on your mental health, mood, weight and a number of other digestive disorders. So we can help you boost your digestion with our specially selected recipe. This dish is made with such ingredients that will promote the health and function of your digestive system.