Here we have an evening snack that all of you are sure to fall in love with! Crunchy crackers are so delightful and filled with the goodness of healthful flours, cumin and flaxseeds; this multigrain Healthy Cracker tastes so amazing even without using any type of dairy product or butter. This is a very healthy snack option for kids too – instead of the ones made with refined flour and preservatives. People who are hypertensive can also enjoy this yummy low-salt snack as it is chock-full of the goodness of healthy flours.
Nutritional Benefits: Multi-grain crackers are good choices for snacking that can benefit your health due to their nutrient content. These crackers are loaded with fibre, protein, minerals and vitamins which are beneficial for lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels. It includes seeds like cumin which are filled with vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin B6 and helps in digestion, weight loss, treat iron deficiency, prevents diabetes. Also, flaxseed that is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and antioxidants.
- Whole wheat flour- 10g
- Jowar flour- 5g
- Oats flour- 5g
- Flax seeds- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Olive oil- 1 tsp.
Calories– 20-22 kcal per cracker
- Combine all the flours in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a rectangle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Cut into 5-6 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Put them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 180°C.
- After cooling it completely, store in an air-tight container and use whenever required.
Over to you:
Consuming healthy snacks throughout the day helps keep you feeling energized and aids in weight management. So, you can enjoy crunchy crackers with tea, or carry it to school or work in your tiffin box. Pleasant tasting and non-spicy crackers can also be enjoyed after a bout of vomiting to relieve the nauseous sensation.