Appetizing flavor and highly nutritive, dates and almond whole wheat rolls totally allure the taste buds. Prepare and save them for your post workout routine to get loaded with ample level of energy for an impactful workout.
Dates are rich in fiber, antioxidants and other essential nutrients. It aids in digestion, enhances brain health and reduces the risk of developing potential health risks. Almonds are extremely nutritious. They are packed with antioxidants. Almonds help in managing cholesterol and blood sugar level in the body. They are beneficial for the brain health and improve memory. Dates and almond whole wheat rolls satiate your longings for the sugary.
- 3 chopped dates, pitted
- 10 chopped almonds
- 5 chopped walnuts
- 30 grams whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
Calories- 216 Kcal
Carbs- 20.9 grams
Protein- 5.4 grams
Fats- 8.3 grams
- On a medium flame, dry roast all the nuts. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil. Add dates and cook till it caramelizes into a consistent mixture.
- Now mix in the roasted nuts. Stir well.
- Add the whole wheat flour and mix well.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the mixture on a cling wrap and shape into a ball.
- Now flatten it into oblong shape and refrigerate for 30 minutes and let it set.
- Cut into rolls and enjoy!
Over to you
Sweet yet nutritious! Dates and almond whole wheat rolls are best to get your energy back before going to gym. So, don’t miss them out next time!