You must be delighted to welcome monsoons after blazing summer days. It is the best season to sit at home and relish a steaming cup of tea with a crispy snack. During this season our food craving is on high and there is nothing better than enjoying a hot, healthy, steamy, crispy snack on a rainy day. So what would be a better option than Baked Zucchini crisps? Let’s get started
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Nutritional benefits: A healthy snack high in fiber, potassium, manganese and antioxidants like Vitamin C and vitamin A.
Best enjoyed with: Fresh, unsalted curd (or yoghurt).
Calories per serving: 115-120 kcal
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In another small bowl, combine the oats, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Sprinkle this mixture on the Zucchini rounds and place it on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the rounds until they’re browned and crisp; this will take around 20-25 minutes.
- Remove with spatula and serve immediately.
Over to you:
Here’s a crunchy snack containing antioxidants that prevent cancer, help the body to look young, keep the blood sugar in control and also have anti-inflammatory properties, thus making it must-try snack for this monsoon season.