Release your stress with this healthy lentil and sweet potato stew which is full of nutritious goodness and amazing taste. Coconut milk being amongst the key ingredients, offer the touch of perfect texture! This smooth textured and fibrous recipe is an absolute comfort food to add in your cook book.
Sweet potatoes contain vitamins like vitamin A and C which helps in immunity build up and also helps in maintaining a healthy body. They are an amazing source of biotin which is good for liver.
Lentils are highly nutritious and rich in fibre content which promotes better gut health. They contain B vitamins, iron and zinc and are also rich in proteins.
Coconut milk is made from mature fresh brown coconuts and are an excellent source of fibres.
- 80 gm sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Pinch of turmeric
- 20 grams green lentils
- 10 ml coconut milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Lemon to squeeze
Calories: 152 Kcal
Fats: 4.7 gm
Proteins: 6.6 gm
Carbs: 22.9 gm
- Heat olive oil in a pot. Add ginger, garlic, onion and turmeric and sauté until onion turns golden-brown. Now, add half of the sweet potatoes (reserve half of them for later use) and carrots into the pot and sauté them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and lentils into the pot, and bring it to a boil over high heat. Cover the pot, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the stew is simmering, prepare coconut-sweet potato broth. For that, take water in a small pot and bring it to a boil, add the remaining sweet potatoes and cook until tender. Now, drain water from sweet potatoes and place them in a food processor. Add coconut milk and cinnamon and puree it into smooth consistency. Add this puree to the stew.
- Continue to cook until the lentils are tender and the broth gets thickened. Add salt as per taste.
- Top the stew with some fresh lemon juice and serve hot.
Over to you
Prepare this healthy stew with these nutritious ingredients and load yourself with healthy vitamins and minerals. Preparing it isn’t a task and will surely make your mood lighter and stress-free.