When it comes to enjoying a nice, filling dinner, finding the right wine to fit with your meal is key.The right glass of wine can really compliment your main dish and help bring out the flavours of your meal; even enhance the wine as you sip it. If you want to really enhance the flavour of your chicken go for a Pinot Noir. This drumsticks recipe is full of lemon and garlic flavour and can be eaten with a mix of sauté vegetables or a salad.
With chicken being a great source of high quality protein, it helps in maintaining body weight especially for obese. It also provides selenium which contains antioxidants that help control free radicals, improve your immune system and increase the metabolism. Along with chicken, garlic supplements help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like common cold and flu.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3-4 chicken drumsticks
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, oregano, chilli flakes)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Energy– 132.8 kcal
Protein– 10.94 g
Fat– 9.08 g
Carbohydrate– 0.7 g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place drumsticks into a greased roasting dish.
- Drizzle oil over drumsticks and season with salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes. Toss until well coated.
- Roast drumsticks for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and remove from oven.
- Add parsley, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl.
- Apply the mix over chicken and leave it for 10 minutes for the flavours to infuse before serving
- Serve when hot
Over to You
Recipes made with ingredients like chicken and garlic taste great with wines like Pinot Noir, which are light-bodied but full of savoury depth. The chicken drumsticks and a glass of wine make the perfect combination of a special meal for Christmas to give you the worthy nutrition and the taste!