Masoor Dal contains highest amount of protein as compare to any other dal and that is why it is the most common dish to every Indian household. To make the usual masoor dal more delicious, we have added a little bit of amchoor powder here which improves the authentic taste of the dal giving it a chatpata taste, making this a tantalizing recipe.
Masoor dal is a powerhouse of nutrients as it contains potassium, iron, dietary fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin A, and vitamin K which prevents ageing and boosts the immunity of human body. The abundance of antioxidants that is present in masoor dal minimizes cell and tissue damage and also destroys the free radicals. Amchoor powder improves digestion and removes harmful toxins from our body and detoxifies it. It is used for the treatment of diarrhea, dysentery, and urinary tract infections.
- 25 grams Black masoor dal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon heeng (asafetida)
- ½ teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
Calories: 127.7 kcal
Protein: 5.4 g
Carbohydrates: 13.8 g
Fats: 5.3 g
- Wash masoor dal thoroughly and drain the water.
- Put dal in a pressure cooker and add 2 cups of water into it.
- Soak dal for 30 minutes and then add salt and turmeric to the pressure cooker.
- Cook for around 3-4 whistles or until the dal till done.
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat and add amchoor powder in the dal and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and add garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add heeng and jeera to this and cook for a few seconds and switch off the flame.
- Add red chili powder into it and immediately pour the ghee over the dal.
- Give it a quick mix and serve hot along with roti and steamed rice.
Over to you:
Simple recipe with simplest of ingredients and still so much of fulfillment. Next time you want to cook something delicious and easy, then try this chatpati masoor dal recipe and relish it with your family.