This chaat is perfect for your evening snack cravings! Munch it with your favourite tea or coffee and enjoy the taste of this authentic chaat which is tasty while being healthy too. The puffy rice and oily namkeens are replaced with healthy roasted chana and fox nuts with lip-smacking herbs and spices. Onion and tomatoes add to the flavour and make it more inviting for your taste buds.
Roasted chana is high in fibre content and is low in calorie count. It keeps you fuller for a longer period of time and is a go-to snack in itself. It also helps in losing weight. Fox nuts are rich in carbohydrates and magnesium, which is important for the good health of your heart. Basil helps in improving immune system. Oregano is a good source of vitamin K and manganese. Herbs provide a gentle taste to the chaat and add to the healthy part.
- 20g Roasted chana
- 10g of fox nuts (crisply fried and coarsely grind)
- 20g onion (finely chopped into small pieces)
- 15 g tomato (finely chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- Basil and cilantro for garnishing
- 1/4 red chilli powder/flakes
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 5g pomegranate seeds
- Salt to taste
Course: Evening Snack
Calories: 87.4 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- In a bowl, mix roasted chana with fox nuts.
- Add onion and tomato and mix them thoroughly.
- Then choose to add salt, red chilli powder/flakes, oregano and some lemon juice. Mix well.
- Garnish it with basil, cilantro and finally add some pomegranate seeds on the top.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
This chana and fox nut chaat can be prepared at any time of the day and hardly takes 10 minutes to be prepared. So, avoid those street chaats and prepare this healthy chaat at the convenience of your home and live a life more healthy.