Your favorite food cravings are pizzas and we got it covered! Cauliflower Pizza Crust is one of the healthiest pizza recipes with low fat, healthy base and mouth full of healthy veggies.
Cauliflower is high in fiber, Vitamin C, k and antioxidants. It helps in maintaining the integrity of cell membranes, support metabolism and synthesizing DNA. Sulforaphane in cauliflower is helpful in suppressing cancer development by destroying cells that are already damaged. It also helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- 100 gm cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried oregano or basil)
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray (using olive oil)
- 1 small capsicum
- 1 small onion
Calories: 180 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 16 gm
Proteins: 10 gm
Fats: 7.4 gm
- Preheat microwave on 375 F and line baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Remove the outer leaves of cauliflower and rinse it and chop into smaller pieces.
- Process cauliflower in two batches in food processor in 2 batches until rice texture forms.
- Transfer it on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower rice from microwave after 15 minutes and transfer it to a bowl lined with a linen towel. Let it cool for 5 minutes and squeeze the liquid out from linen cloth ball as hard as you can.
- In a bowl whisk the egg with dried herbs, salt and pepper. Add cauliflower and mix well until combined.
- Line the baking sheet with new parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Transfer the dough in the sheet and flatten with hands until thin pizza crust forms.
- Bake it for 20 minutes in 450 F in Microwave. Carefully flip the spatula and bake for few more minutes.
- Top the cauliflower base with chopped capsicum and onion and bake again until vegetables become tender.
- Slice and enjoy
Over to you
Pizzas can be high in fat and calories but cauliflower pizza crust is the healthier way to save your cravings. You can play around with your favorite toppings and make it that way.