Today in this recipe called “Cauliflower And Oats Tikki”, we have used low calorie and fibre-rich ingredients! When these two amazing ingredients will be combined with colourful veggies, it will result a healthy snack treat for the evening. We are cooked this pleasant snack on a tava with minimal oil to prevent its ingredient’s nutrient loss.
Cauliflower- the rich source of vitamin C, K, B complex E and folate also, provides fundamental minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and sodium without adding any harmful cholesterol to your diet. It’s a good source of protein, essential omega-3 fatty acids, unsaturated fats and a substantial amount of phytochemicals. The nutrient composition of oats is amazingly well-balanced as they are the great source of carbs, fiber including powerful fiber called beta-glucan, protein and fat than any other grain. Oats are packed with significant vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that lower the risk of heart disease by reducing both total and LDL cholesterol and protecting LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
- 20 grams; finely chopped and blanched cauliflower
- 20 grams quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 10 grams finely chopped onions
- 10 grams finely chopped and boiled french beans
- 10 grams finely chopped and boiled carrots
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 5 grams finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 5 grams finely chopped mint leaves (pudina)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
Calories: 140 -142 Kcal
Protein: 3.58 grams
Carb: 16.46 grams
Fat: 6.6 grams
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a flat non-stick pan and add onions and sauté it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Move onions in a deep bowl, add cauliflower, carrots and french beans. Mix it all well and mash it lightly using a potato masher.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients, mix them well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion in flat round tikki.
- Heat non-stick tava and grease a little with oil.
- Next, cook each tikki on a slow flame using little oil till it turns into crisp and golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve hot with minty green chutney.
Over to you
Vegetables used in this recipe add to the fiber, vitamin and antioxidant content of this snack with a minty or coriander chutney. Vitamin C apart from its imparting tantalizing aroma, flavour to the Cauliflower and Oats Tikki will uplift your nutritional need as well. So, try it soon and enjoy
with a hot cup of tea.