With benefits like detoxifying and hydrating your body, this clear onion soup with carrot noodles is all you need to make yourself feel better with its flavorsome and healthful benefits.
White and spring onions are low in calories, fat-free and provide some fiber. Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin, potassium and antioxidants. This meal is supremely wholesome and delicious
- White onion, diced = 20 g
- Extra virgin olive oil = 5 g
- Stalk celery = 10 g
- 1 small-sized garlic clove
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Button mushrooms, thinly sliced = 30 g
- ½ small carrot ,peeled = 15 g
- Bladed noodles = 20 g
- 1 small spring onion =20 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
Energy – 155.6 kcal
Protein – 4.3 g
Carbohydrate – 20.7 g
Fat – 5.36 g
- To make carrot noodles, pass the carrot through a hand-held grater (form the broad side) or you can use a spiralizer.
- Heat oil over a medium flame. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add in celery, garlic, water, pepper and bring to boil.
- Then strain the vegetables from broth and add mushrooms and carrot noodles. Bring up the heat until the noodles are cooked.
- Add spring onion and let it simmer for a minute.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
The health friendly carrot noodles are zingy and perfect addition to your diet especially if you are a weight-watcher. Give this recipe and shot and don’t forget to let us know how it turned out.