Let’s get high on nutrients with this scrumptious barley breakfast bowl with mixed berry compote. This is just the perfect meal to quench yourself.
Key ingredients and benefits
Apart from its delicious taste, the nutritious value of Barley breakfast bowl can’t be overlooked. Barley is a hub of dietary fiber and essential minerals which stimulate the immune system. It helps shields against various diseases along with other health benefits. Berries loaded with vitamins, fiber and antioxidants and are very healthy with some exceptional health benefits.
- 25 grams pearl barley
- 75-80 grams mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries and blue berries)
- ½ tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 50 milliliters warmed milk
- 05 grams roasted almonds
- Salt to taste (iodized)
- In a skillet, add water and barley and bring it to boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Cover it with a lid, let it simmer. Stir from time to time.
- In a pan, add berries, orange juice, orange zest, chia seeds and honey. Heat it over a medium flame. Let it simmer till it begins to thicken.
- Then assemble with the layer of barley, add warmed milk and compote.
- Garnish with toasted silver almonds.
- Ready to serve.
Over to you
This whole grain healthy recipe is perfect fit for all your breakfast needs, so that you start your day with full energy and zing!