If you are running short on your evening snack menu then baked triangle puffs are the healthful option to fill up with nutritiousness! So, be ready with all the required ingredients to relish the triangle puffs.
Whole wheat is counted as the part of a healthy diet that serves health benefits like reduced risk of few chronic diseases as it has numerous nutrients such as fiber, thiamin, niacin riboflavin, folate, iron, selenium and magnesium. Other than whole wheat, potato is another main ingredient of this recipe which has the popularity across the globe due the storehouse of nutrients it holds. Nutrients like major vitamins, minerals, and essential plant compounds are amongst that storehouse.
- 30 grams whole wheat flour
- ½ small potato
- 40 ml skimmed milk
- ½ teaspoon Mustard oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder, roasted
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
Calories: 220 Cal
Carbs: 41.9 gm
Protein: 6 gm
Fat: 2.9 gm
- Mix whole wheat flour, cow milk and water as per requirement and knead it into soft dough. Cover the dough by wet muslin cloth for about 20 minutes.
- By that time steam potato, peel it and mash carefully.
- Heat oil in the pan over a high flame and add cumin seeds. Add all the species and cook for 15 seconds.
- Next, add mashed potato and rock salt to taste. Cook it for at least 1 minute.
- Take off the pan from the flame.
- Roll the dough with the help of rolling pin and stuff in the potato mixture.
- Fold the dough into a triangle shape and bake it at160 C- until it turns in light brown colour.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
Over to you
Baking makes this recipe the healthiest of all tea time snacks. Moreover, it’s a fulfilling and a wholesome treat to last minutes get together.