Baked chips are a healthy alternative to all those deep fried snacks available in every nook and corner of the streets. This recipe features baked sweet potato chips which can be easily prepared at home and is charged with all the amazing nutrients your body needs. Shredded tofu adds to the healthier side of the recipe and is an absolute delight to have. Inculcating ingredients like these in your regular eating habits will lead you live a healthier life.
Sweet potato when baked with its skin provides large amounts of potassium which helps in lowering down blood pressure and also reduces strain on the heart, hence, relieving you from all the heart risk factors. They are also a good source of vitamins like vitamin A and C, which help in boosting immunity and maintaining a healthy body. They contain biotin which helps in better functioning of liver. Tofu is a great source of calcium content which improves your bones and teeth.
- 65g sweet potato(cut into thin round slices)
- 20g tofu(shredded)
- ½ tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dry chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Salt to taste
Calories: 96 Kcal
Proteins: 3 gm
Fats: 3 gm
Carbs: 12.5 gm
- In a deep bowl, take the sliced sweet potatoes and add chili flakes, and salt. Mix well.
- Place them on lined baking tray spread over parchment sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes.
- Take shredded tofu and toss it into a pan with 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Add a little salt.
- Take out the sweet potato chips and add shredded tofu on it. Top it with some oregano.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
Binge on this healthy snack with your tea or you can eat as it is to curb your hunger pangs! Ditch those deep fried packaged chips for these healthy and nutrient-rich food option.