We need not give up on our taste buds following the fad diets when eating healthy and low calorie can be as relishing as this recipe. Rich with fiber and flavor, this delightful one-dish meal will truly pamper your olfactory senses. The process of baking expands its nutritional value along with making it a delectable meal.
Serving size: 1
Energy: 140-160 kcal
- Rice : 2 tbsp
- Onion : ½
- Spinach : 1 cup
- Mushroom : ½ cup
- Green chilly: 1 no
- Salt : to taste
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Cook rice in a large vessel and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add onions, spinach and mushroom and sauté on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Arrange the cooked rice in a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Put the spinach mushroom vegetable evenly over it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200℃ for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Over to you:
Following the fad diets can yield short term results, however it would lead to nutritional deprivation of one or more nutrients in the long run. Have that rice, roti and sabzi at a balanced proportion for a healthier tomorrow and sustainability.