How many times have you dismissed the idea of preparing our favourite desserts at home due to the longer preparation time and the fear of adding extra calories? This Rakhi, try out this amazing Indian dessert recipe made with crunchy almonds and milk. Relish this quick and delicious recipe, rich in healthy calories and serve it to your guests too.
Almonds the foremost ingredient of this recipe is highly nutritional and loaded with vitamin E, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, selenium, and niacin. Almonds are the richest nuts in nutrients and numerous beneficial components when compared with any other nuts. Almonds are extensively added to the diet for a healthy solution to relieve from brain disorders, diabetes, copper, respiratory disorders, constipation, coughs and anaemia.
Coconut sugar is not counted among the empty calories rather it is one of the major healthy swaps over refined sugar. That means coconut sugar holds its all the nutritional values like vitamins C, B1 B2, B3, B6 and minerals such as zinc, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium.
- Blanched almonds- 1/2 cup
- Skimmed milk- 9 tbsp
- Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Coconut sugar- 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- Few saffron strands
Calories: 235 kcal
- Mix saffron strands with 1 tbsp skimmed milk and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Mix 5 tbsp skimmed milk and 2 tbsp water in a bowl and mix it well and keep aside.
- Now add almonds and 3 tbsp skimmed milk in a mixer and blend until smooth paste.
- Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add almonds paste and cook it on the medium flame for at least 4 minutes. Stirring continuously.
- Add milk-water mixture in it and cook again for 2 minutes on medium flame. Stir continuously.
- Add coconut sugar, saffron-milk mixture, cardamom powder and mix it all well. Cook for two to three minutes on medium flame. Stirring continuously.
- Serve warm garnished with saffron strands.
Over to you
This Raksha Bandhan enjoys the festive vibes at fullest and spreads sweetness around with this blissful recipe, badaam ka sheera. We hope you liked this recipe and try this at your home in the dessert course at the end. Don’t forget to tell us how was it in the comment section below!