Have you ever tried amaranth? If not, then you should. This super healthy seed has a distinct nutty flavor and its consistency is a bit like couscous. This seed is gluten-free, which makes it the best option for people who have gluten sensitivity and is an exceptional way to boost the nutritional power of gluten-free recipes. Amaranth is the best source of protein and hence is highly recommended. Here’s a tasty recipe that fulfills all your nutritional needs.
This melange contains amaranth which is gluten-free, high in calcium, lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases and lowers cholesterol while cauliflower improves digestion, detoxifies the body, boosts the brain function and fights inflammation.
- 20 gm amaranth
- 4 florets cauliflower
- ½ Cucumbers
- 2-3 chopped lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
Calories: 80-82 kcal
- Heat up a non- stick skillet. Coat it with olive oil add cauliflowers. Add grounded coriander seed and salt. Cook on medium heat until the cauliflower is tender.
- While the cauliflower is cooking; combine the amaranth with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the flame, cover, and cook until the amaranth is tender. Once the amaranth becomes tender. Wash out the amaranth with cool water and squeeze out the water properly.
- Place the squeezed amaranth in a bowl and combine with the cauliflower add lettuce and cucumber. Add olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
Over to you: The main ingredient of this recipe ‘Amaranth’ balances out your protein losses through this high protein salad which also increases your nutritional intake. Try out this refreshing recipe and let us know what you think.